Everest from south (Nepal, south col)
So much has already been written and continues to be written about it. Good and bad, fascinating, cautionary, electrifying, odd, disturbing, and interesting. You can think what you want, but it is and remains the mother of all mountains. It’s the mountain whose history of ascents is unsurpassed, bursting with drama, madness and heroics. The playground for the top climbers of our time and the life-long dream of so many climbers from around the world. It‘s not just a mountain. The Everest is a myth. And it makes you a hero.
We are the first western operator to run Mount Everest expeditions from both the North and the South at the same time. With the highest possible safety and quality standards and the comforting ressurance of dealing with a fully licensed and strictly tested Austrian expedition organizer.
Furtenbach Adventures Everest Expeditions
We are offering Everest expeditions in unique style with maximum oxygen and Sherpa support to achieve the greatest amount of security and the highest chances of success. The exclusive spirit of Furtenbach Adventures makes our expeditions a touch different. Maybe even a touch better.
- We provide 20 years of experience in the organization of expeditions to eight-thousanders in the Himalayas and Karakoram.
- We provide experienced, state-certified (IFMGA/AMGA) western mountain guides, accompanied with a tried and tested Everest Sherpa team.
- We provide sherpas to our members who have repeatedly stood on Everest and know exactly how they can best support our climbers during their summit attempt.
- In contrast to many other tour operators, we provide the most advanced, most reliable and lightest oxygen system developed by Summit Oxygen, which is available on the market.
- We provide each participant with at least 8 bottles of oxygen, more than any other organizer. Thus, our participants can rise at a higher flow rate and sleep with oxygen at Camp 2 and Camp 3, thus conserving energy.
- Our participants are better acclimatized when they arrive to the mountain because they have already started acclimatizing at home 6 weeks prior to the expedition. The complete high altitude generator equipment including training plan is included in the price and will be delivered to your house and picked up when training is completed. You don’t need to take care of anything.
- Our participants have to overcome the objectively more dangerous way through the Khumbu Icefall less frequently. Because our group will be acclimatizing at the safe and less demanding Island Peak while our Sherpa team sets up the high camp and route on Mount Everest.
- We provide one of the most comfortable base camp facilities Mount Everest has ever seen
- We provide a kitchen team and food which you would not expect at a base camp on a glacial moraine at the end of the world.
But above all, we provide the Furtenbach Adventures promise of quality:
You get more Sherpa support, more oxygen and more comfort than with any other provider. This leads to better recovery, more safety and, ultimately, to higher chances of success. The total travel time can be shortened by pre-acclimatization at home. We fly by helicopter from Kathmandu to Syangboche above Namche. This provides security because you avoid the dangerous landing approach to Lukla while saving valuable time.
See also our Everest north Expedition
Experience the (southern) route to the Everest in 360°-videos!
Everest Blogger Alan Arnette interviews Lukas Furtenbach