1.Day: Marrakesch – Imlil
Transfer from Marrakesh airport to Imlil (1,5 h). Check-in at the Riad, get together with our group, briefing for the upcoming week.
2. Day: Imlil – Tizi n’Tamatert – Bouigenouane – Tizi n’Tacheddirt
A van takes us from Imlil to Tachedirt, where we start our ascent to the snow line and are going to cross the Tamatert Pass (2.300 m), ski down into the Imenane Valley and start our ascent to the Bouygunouane (3.800m) where a breathtaking view awaits us. After that, we will ski down 1.400 vertical meters to Tacheddirt Village (2.400m) again, where we will spend the night.
3. Day: Tacheddirt – Tizi n’Likemt Pass – Imlil
We start in the early morning. 3-4-hour ascent to Likemt Pass (3.600 m), followed by a thrilling 2-3-hour ski descent. Afterwards the van will take us back to Imlil. Overnight stay in the guesthouse.
4. Day: Imlil – Sidi Chamharouch – Toubkal BasecampAfter breakfast, we will meet our mules and drivers. After a short briefing and luggage arrangement, we set out for a 6-hour trek to the base camp (small hut on the foot of Mt. Toubkal). The path is very steep and narrow at some sections. Here we will first get to use our crampons. But this demanding route rewards us with some exceptional views on the Atlas Mountains. After crossing of a few passes, we will reach the Neltner hut, where our guide will surprise us with his cooking skills. Full and tired we will go to bed early, to safe our strength for the days that lie ahead.
5. Day: Basecamp – Ouankrim – Basecamp
For acclimatization purposes, we climb the beautiful 4.045 m high Quankrim. The trek leads over a few easy climbing passages to the summit where a we will again enjoy a marvelous scenery of the area. A ski descent brings us back to the hut, where we will spend another night.
6. Day: Basecamp – Toubkal – Basecamp
Awakened by the good smell of breakfast, we still start relatively early the tour to the highest mountain in North Africa (4,167m). Even though we got used to the altitude a bit yesterday, we leave ourselves enough time so that everyone arrives at the summit as a group. The route winds its way to the summit and at the top one of the greatest moments of the trip awaits us – the feeling of summiting paired with the view of the overwhelming (lower) landscape. Once everyone has savored this feeling enough, we make our way back to the Neltner Hut, where we enjoy our well-deserved dinner and a delicious hot cup of tea.
7. Day: Imlil – Marrakesch
Today, we enjoy one more small peak before we are heading back to Imlil and further on to Marrakesh. Overnight stay at the hotel.
8. Day: Marrakesch
Today we will discover Marrakesh – the pearl of the orient, on a tour through the city. We visit markets and sights and soak up the oriental atmosphere of this beautiful city. (The exact itinerary and the possibility of this tour is depending on the weather and general conditions in the mountains and on the streets). After the sightseeing, there will be a transfer to the airport, followed by your individual flight home.