1. Day: Mendoza (760m).
Arrival at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Get together with the mountain guide and other participants, mutual briefing of the exact sequence of the upcoming days.
2. Day: Mendoza – Penitentes (2725m).
Transfer from Mendoza to Penitentes. Last preparations for our climb (as for example collection of the permit). Dinner and overnight in Penitentes (flight to the basecamp this day if the conditions are good)
3. Day: Penitentes – Basecamp Plaza Argentina (4100m).
Transfer to the entrance of the Horcones Valley Park and helicopter flight to the Plaza Argentina (if not already yesterday). Rest of the day for relaxation and settling in to the basecamp life.
4. Day: Plaza Argentina- Camp 1 (4877m).
Today we are off! Ascent to Camp 1 (4877m) through a stunning landscape following the 360° route.
5. Day: Gear transport Camp 1- Camp 2 (5456m).
6. Day: Camp 1- Camp 2 (5456m).
Ascent from Camp 1 to Camp 2 (5456m). We will settle in Camp 2 – sourrounded by stunning scenery.
7. Day: Spare day for bad weather or for relaxation at Camp 2 to charge our batteries for the following days.
8. Day: Camp 2 – Camp 3 (6000m).
Todays ascent from Camp 2 to Camp 3 (6000m) leads us back to the normal route and over a glacier field. Early dinner this evening to catch enough sleep for our summit day.
9. Day: Camp 3 – Summit (6962) – Basecamp Plaza de Mulas.
The summit awaits us! We start rather early and approach the highest point of Southern America meter by meter. Finally on top of the Aconcagua, we enjoy this wonderful moment and let our gaze wander over the incredible panorama: the Andes with glacier fields, deserts and even the pacific ocean, if the weather allows. Afterwards we descend to the basecamp Plaza de Mulas, which we should be able to reach due to high performance gained from the pre-acclimatization.
10. Day: Basecamp Plaza de Mulas – Penitentes – Mendoza.
A helicopter takes us back to the entrance of the park and a van to Mendoza. Back in the town we can relax and have a cold beer to celebrate our success on Aconcagua.
11.-13. Day: Spare days for bad weather.
We advise you to book a flexible return flight so if everything goes according to plan, you can already depart earlier.
14. Day: Adiós Argentina! Individual flight back home or to an ongoing Destination.