10. Day: Following a late breakfast, we will be transferred to the village of Rineh (2.060m) located in the Elbrus Mountains (150 km / 2hrs) at the southeast foot of Mount Damavand, the highest peak in the Middle East. The Iranian mountaineers association offers us accommodation in their guesthouse. Total travel time: about 8 hours. Overnight stay in the guesthouse.
11. Day: Rineh – Bargah-e-Sewom Hut: Depending on road conditions, we will drive as close as possible to the starting point for the ascent of Damavand (Gusfandsara Mosque at 3.031m). Pack animals or porters will take over the transport of large and common luggage. Already adapted to the altitude, we will proceed to the Bargah-e-Sewom hut (4.260m) at walking speed. Hm 1,230 . Overnight stay in the hut.
12. Day: Bargah-e-Sewom Hut – The Damavand – summit day also starts very early. On a clear day you can see the lights of Tehran. After about 8 hours or more (we have enough time) we should reach the summit of Damavand (5,671 m). The break at the summit and the magnificent panoramic view of the Alborz Mountains will make you forget all the effort. At the Bargah – e – Sewom hut we will interrupt the descent into the valley for a longer break and a second breakfast before we descend the last few meters in altitude with a burst of new energy. Helpers and participants will all meet again at the Gusfandsara mosque, where we will say goodbye to the locals and depart for Rineh. Hm 1,410 Hut – Summit – Hut, Hm 1,230 Hut – Gusfandsara Mosque. Overnight stay in the guesthouse.
13. Day: Reserve summit day or programme as on day 14.
14. Day: We drive back to the hotel in Tehran and have the afternoon for sightseeing. Travel time: about 3 hours to the hotel in Tehran. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
15. Day: Homeward journey with the return flight from Tehran in the early morning and arrival at home on the same day.